Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another day of frustration...

It's 5 p.m. Tuesday, 12/21. I've again spent all day accomplishing nothing much more than spinning my wheels.

I called Guardian Care today about placing Cathy there, but never received a return call.

Christy at Hospice in Johnston co. called me finally, but I missed her call and she didn't answer the return call. No idea what, if anything, has been worked out between the two Hospice organizations.

Suddenly no one at Florida Hospital can do anything for me until the Guardian Advocate is contacted and gives approval. I've been asking for this Guardian Advocate to call me for three days now and I've received nothing. It's too late to call the office at the courthouse that oversees the guardian advocate program, so I have no choice but to wait and see if this woman gives me a call back.

5:14 p.m. Christy called me back. Told Cara what criteria/guidelines are to meet Hospice requirements. NC medicaid guidelines re: hospice appropriate guidelines. Cathy does not meet those guidelines. Christy gave Cara the guidelines. Ejection/fraction rate of <=20%, Cathy doesn't meet that. If we're looking for L/T placement, easier to do it once they're here in the state and medicaid is established. Because Cathy has SSI, she automatically has medicaid in the state of NC. Christy indicated that the social services/Florida Hospital folks have been contacting people up here in NC. Cara asked Christy if she (Christy) were the person Cara was to be sending the TASSER (sp? PASSER?) score to. Christy said no. Christy said the score is used in some places in order to be deemed appropriate for placement in skilled nursing facilities. Ellen said she'd been trying to contact facilities in NC to find a place for Cathy (Kindred company).

Hospital may not have any choice whether they can prescribe a month's worth of medication--it's up to what medicaid will pay.

Christy said I need to ask social services if Cathy's medicaid in NC going to be automatically in effect, if so, can I get proof of it. Give the proof to Florida Hospital and ask them to contact facilities in NC. May have some stumbling blocks due to guardianship issue, behavioral issues (although she's better with meds).

DDE (direct data entry) is a system that health care companies/personnel can look into to see what the status is of Cathy’s SSI or Medicaid. Once FL2 or level care forms are sent to DDS, DDS is supposed to be changing to another company that won the bid, because level of care can change from month to month. Christy is a nice lady, but bottom line is that she isn’t going to be able to help us. She does, however, have a good point: If Cathy was placed in a facility in Florida, would she be, at that point, declared competent again? If so, and I showed up the same day, would I be able to get the information I need to facilitate getting her to NC? Is SSI disabilitiy? How long has she been disabled? Does she qualify for medicare?


WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment