Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lawdamercy.

I've taken a few days off from the Cathy saga in order to try to regain my sanity a bit, and I have to admit, after dealing with her face-to-face (and daily on the phone) I'm finding it difficult to take the torch back up.

Not to mention, I just got a lovely email from my cell phone provider that I was tracking toward being over my allotted minutes this month. (I can't help but wonder, is there really any direct correlation between the number of minutes an individual subscriber uses and the expense the provider incurs? Honestly? Can anyone answer this question with any degree of certainty? I fail to believe that every minute I spend on my cell phone costs them money and when I go over my allotted time, it costs them even more money.)

Anyway, point is (point about Cathy, that is, not the point about cell phone minutes), Cathy is a huge pain in the ass. Which I knew all along. I guess, though, to be honest, I didn't fully appreciate the new level of pain in the assishness that she'd managed achieved over the last 10 years. Which is partly due to the (obviously false) information I'd received from her doctors in Florida and partly due to my own notions of right, wrong, and obligation.

In other news (because, frankly, I'm pretty damned sick of Cathy right now--even though I feel a ton of guilt for even saying that), Lizzie turned 16 today. To celebrate, she, William, and I took a bus trip to Wintergreen and skied all day. (Well, William didn't ski; instead, he tried snowboarding. Honestly, I'm shocked that they don't make special snowboarding pants with added cushion and weather resistance--as much time as snowboarders have to spend on their tushies as they make their way over the learning curve. Learning mogul?)

It was a long day. We left the house around 4 a.m., managed to catch the bus anyway (shoulda left the house at 3:45 a.m.), arrived at Wintergreen around 9 a.m., left the slopes at 4:30, arrived home around 9:30.

I wish more days could be spent simply having a good time.

Can't believe The Sush is 16.

Tired.

Long day.

Real life stuff tomorrow. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment