Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So, OK, here's the deal...

I'm flying to Orlando tomorrow.

I have a "maybe" from Guardian Care, hoping to hear a "yes" tomorrow. Worse case scenario there's a place in Fuquay that said they could take her on Tuesday. If it turns out we have to wait until Tuesday, then I guess I'll have to put her in Benjamin's room for a few nights. Not exactly the ideal situation, considering she has to use a wheelchair and may need help showering and in the bathroom, but I'm hopeful that she's no worse off than Grandma was and if Grandma survived here, then surely Cathy can.

Of course, where she should go is to my mother's house, seeing as how Mother Dearest has a spare room and everything. But true to form, Mom's basically checked herself out of this whole thing and is more than willing to either let Cathy stay in Florida until we're sure there's somewhere for her to be, or let me take on complete responsibility. I'm extraordinarily pissed off with my mother right this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment